HOW TO GET RID OF UNDEREYE BAGS
Many people struggle with undereye bags, which are the result of puffiness or swelling beneath the eyes, usually linked to fluid retention beneath the skin. Undereye bags are very common, especially as people get older, and they can have a range of causes, from sun exposure to lack of sleep.
It's also worth noting that bags under eyes aren't dangerous or painful, but that doesn't stop people from seeking treatment to get rid of their undereye bags. In this guide, we'll first take a brief look at what causes undereye bags before examining top recommended ways to prevent these undereye bags and dark circles.
What Are Undereye Bags?
Undereye bags, otherwise known as eyebags, are a common skin issue affecting many people on a daily basis. They take the form of light swelling or puffiness under the eyes, and they become more common and more likely to appear as people get older and the muscles around the eyes start to lose some of their strength.
What Causes Undereye Bags?
From a scientific point of view, undereye bags are caused as the muscles that hold up the eyelids and support the eye area become weaker. This leads to the skin sagging and drooping, and any fat in the area may also start to move down under the eyes, increasing the visibility of bags. Plus, fluid can build-up in that space beneath the eyes, leading to puffiness.
But what actually makes all of this happen? Well, there are several factors which can contribute to the formation of undereye bags puffiness, including:
Treatment for Undereye Bags
Many people want to know how to get rid of undereye bags, but the truth of the matter is that it makes much more sense to simply try and prevent undereye bags from appearing, rather than having to worry about removing or treating them, and there are lots of simple tips and tricks you can follow to make bags under eyes less likely to appear, including:
- Get More Sleep - It’s not always easy, but improving your sleep schedule can make a big difference in how to get rid of undereye bags. Doing relaxing activities like yoga or stretching before you go to bed, as well as avoiding spending too much time on screens and devices is a good way to get rid of bags under eyes from lack of sleep.
- Always Remove Makeup - As explained, leaving makeup on your face and around your eyes can trigger undereye bags, so always take the time to thoroughly clean your face before bed and wash away any makeup.
- Use Eye Cream - Skincare solutions, like good quality eye creams and moisturizers, can be very useful in the battle against undereye bags. Apply eye cream before going to bed to nourish and soothe your skin.
- Make Lifestyle Changes - You may also want to consider a few lifestyle alterations, like reducing the amount you drink or quitting smoking. Improving your diet and getting regular exercise can also help with skin health and appearance.
How to Get Rid of Those Dark Circles Under Eyes
So, we’ve looked at some ways to make undereye bags less likely to appear, but what can you actually do about them once they’re there? Well, the fact is that the only permanent and total option to fill in or remove undereye bags entirely is cosmetic surgery, and there are various filler materials and other procedures you can have to make undereye bags way less visible.
Unfortunately, cosmetics procedures simply aren’t accessible or affordable for many people. They can cost a lot of money, and they also have various potential risks and side effects. Plus, even the best cosmetics procedures aren’t truly permanent, as you have to keep on getting them done to maintain your new look.
Instead, a quick and transformative way to address undereye bags is to effectively conceal them with the help of face makeup and eye makeup from Westmore Beauty. We have a range of products that can help with the look of undereye bags, including:
- 60 Second Eye Effects - Temporarily firm the skin below the eyes and reduce the look of bags, wrinkles and puffiness in no time. This product is also formulated with a universal skin tint for a touch of coverage.
- Shadow Edit - For undereye bags that are discolored, color correct and neutralize dark circles with this easy to use peach toned concealer
- Instantly Flawless Foundation – Instantly conceal rings and darkness around the eyes, and give your entire face an even tone with this 2-in-1 foundation and concealer.